Hämeenkadun Appro 2023
Finland’s biggest and most beautiful student event in Tampere once again on October 12, 2023.
Tickets are sold out for this year!
Finland’s biggest and most beautiful student event, Hämeenkatu Appro, has been organized since 1982. The event attracts over 12,000 university students from all over Finland to Tampere annually. The event consists of the event area at Keskustori (Central Square), an appro tour, and afterparties.
During Hämeenkatu Appro, the participants are supposed to visit predetermined bars, restaurants, and other venues in the city center of Tampere and collect stamps in their appro passes. After collecting the required number of stamps, participants earn a degree corresponding to the number of stamps collected in your pass.
- 12:00-15:30 Map exchange at Bar Passion
- 16:00-22:00 Event area at Central Square (Keskustori) open
- 16:00-18:00 Map exchange at event area (Keskustori)
- 16:00-18:00 Departures every 30 minutes
- 19:00 Finish line opens
- 21:00 Afterparty opens
- 23:00 Finish line for the pub crawl closes
- 00:00 Nokia Arena after-party artist showtime (Gettomasa)
- 00:30 Bar after-party artists showtime (Isac Elliot, Anssi Kela, Teflon Brothers)
Nokia Arena schedule
- 21:00 Nokea Arena after-party opens
- 21:00-03:00 Tavastia’s Saturday Disco at Eventum
- 22:00 Windows95man on the main stage
- 00:00 Gettomasa on the main stage
- 03:00 Arena after-party ends
Bar After-parties schedule
- 21:00 After-parties opens
- 00:30 Artist showtime
- 00:30 It’s possible to buy a ticket at the door if there is space in the bar (15€)
- 04:00 Closing time
Nokia Arena -info
- Clothing according to the weather
- Water bottle
- Leave big backbags at home. The cloack room in the after parties is meant for coats only.
Transportation on Appro day
- The City Center is easy to reach with public transportation. Routes and scheduless can be found here: nysse.fi/aikataulut-ja-reitit
- The walk from railway station and from bus station to City Center is fairly short.
- During the event, transportation must happen on foot.
Event area at Keskustori works as the center of the event.
The activities in City Center are available for Appro participants from the beginning of event until the after parties start. In the previous years City Center has offered you for example the possibility to bungee jump, participate in fun competitions on our partners’ stands, enjoy silent disco and approlounge.
The academic degrees have to be accomplished in correct order and you get the next degree badge by proving the previous degree with the badge attached to your overalls. You get a stamp in your crawl map by having the official Hämeenkadun Appro drinks or foods or by participating in event partners’ activities. The pub crawl is possible to accomplish without alcohol. The time to complete the degree is 4 hours and it starts at the time marked in the map and stops at the finish line. (Tohtori and Emeritus candidates have 5 hours) Transition between bars must be by foot.
The Academic Degrees
The degrees have to be accomplished in correct order and they require following number of stamps.
- Approbatur 7
- Cum Laude 9
- Laudatur 12
- Tohtori 15
- Emeritus (after two Tohtori badges) 15
You can get stamps from participating bars, restaurants and company stands. You can only get one stamp per one place. For Tohtori and Emeritus candidates the limit is two stamps per place. Participating bars and restaurants are tagged in the map and you can find “Virallinen suorituspaikka”-poster in all of them.
The After Party of Hämeenkadun Appro will feature the top artists of Finland and a exquisite experience. You will not want to miss this!
Gettomasa – Nokia Arena
Isac Elliot – Ilona
Anssi Kela – Tavara-asema
Teflon Brothers – Ranta & Poro
The after parties include awesome front row artists and there will be something for everyone!